News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Perplexing Ribbon Bar Question

I previously posted this in Imperial Germany but have not received a good answer to my question yet so I thought I would try this forum.

My question is, is it possible for a recipient to receive the Order of The Iron Crown mit KD but no other Austrian awards? Seems a rather high level award with nothing else? Not my bar, it’s on auction in German eBay. Thought it was worthy of discussion. The bar seems correct precedence for post 1938 wear. Yes, I see the mismatched devices on the first Bulgarian Ribbon, that doesn’t bother me as much as my question. In my opinion, the devices are all authentic. I’ve had the KD on other ribbon bars over the years.

IMG_2164.png

IMG_2165.png

On 19/06/2024 at 22:25, Stogieman said:

I previously posted this in Imperial Germany but have not received a good answer to my question yet so I thought I would try this forum.

My question is, is it possible for a recipient to receive the Order of The Iron Crown mit KD but no other Austrian awards? Seems a rather high level award with nothing else? Not my bar, it’s on auction in German eBay. Thought it was worthy of discussion. The bar seems correct precedence for post 1938 wear. Yes, I see the mismatched devices on the first Bulgarian Ribbon, that doesn’t bother me as much as my question. In my opinion, the devices are all authentic. I’ve had the KD on other ribbon bars over the years.

IMG_2164.png

IMG_2165.png

Hi Stogieman,

it’s a good looking thing…

Re that one on the right end, I thought at first was a Bulgarian commemorative ‘1915-18 War Medal’ but it’s actually a Turkish medal, there’s a picture of one with the same attachment in the GMIC link below.

I wonder if there might be another bar with other lesser awards including possibly other 1914-18 commemorative medals to go with this?

Though maybe the wearer only claimed his German one, he seems entitled to more.

That Bulgarian ribbon I believe was used for many awards, maybe these 2 are high level too like the Order of the Iron Crown? & this just the first part of a high level set? with the more ‘commonly’ seen on the separated second bar?

Then perhaps the missing bar is also the source of the extra device/s?

Does the seller have any other bars for sale? Maybe the other part is listed separately 🤞

cheers

tony 🍻

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Recipients_of_the_Austrian_order_of_the_Iron_Crown

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liakat_Medal