News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings all

I'm looking for various original Warrants instituting and/or amending various South African awards and am hoping that somebody here may be able to assist.

I have done a LOT of online searching of Gazettes but have been unable to source the following:

1. Gazette No 2836 of 1970 Decoration for Meritorious Service

2. Gazette No 8634 of 1983 Medal for Faithful Service in the South African Railways Police Force

3. Gazette No ???? of 1987 Pro Virtute Decoration ( 4 November 1987 ???)

4. Gazette No 12907 of 1980 General Service Medal

5. Gazette No ???? of 1991 Army, Air Force, Navy, Medical Service Crosses  (11 April 1991 ????)

6 Gazette No ???? of 1991 Ad Astra Decoration

7 Gazette No 9231 of 1984 Various Police medal amendments

8 Gazette No 26778 of 2003 Corrections medals?

9 Gazette No ???? of 2010 Commando Closure Medal

10 Gazette No ???? of 2013 (???) Mandela Funeral Medal

11 Gazette No ???? of 1997 (6 November 1997 ???  John Chard Decoration/Medal ????

12 Gazette No. No 25213 of 16 Apr 2003 “Meritorious Service” Obvious text missing in pages 13 and 14 area (pages are there, but there are many missing clauses).

Am I correct in assuming that somewhere in the past that medals issued to the Prisons Services became those as awarded to the “Corrections Services” with a name change? If so was there a Warrant issued?

Kind regards

Graeme

Thanks for your tips Marcon1. All of the above already well investigated with no results for my wish list.

Some South African sites apparently do not like foreign inquiries - "Access Denied", and others, like Megan says, may list the documents in their catalogues - but do not have them available online.

Other theoretically complete Gazette websites have MANY gaps - hence my desperate request for information from sources not currently available online.

Rgds

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

1 more try 🙂

GPWONLINE - Government Printing Works RSA.

If you contact them they MAY have an archive with older issues of the Government Gazettes.

Email: info.egazette@gpw.gov.za

You never know !

Regards and good luck with your hunt.

Marcon1.