News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is a porcelain table medal from Gau Bayerische Ostmark - I assume for the 1936 Gau meeting in Bayreuth.

How common are porcelain table medals? I saw one from Berlin recently on WA forum. Several of the Bayerische Ostmark "tinnies" were porcelain (the eastern part of the Gau was a porcelain manufacturing center), but I haven't seen many table medals.

Regards,

Greg

[attachmentid=39840][attachmentid=39841]

Hello,

Beautiful item,especially nice that it has the case to it also! While there are porcelain table medals I would imagine that there are quite a few less of the porcelain medals as opposed to those made out of other materials. I can think of two or three offhand that are made of porcelain,one if I remember correctly,the 1934 Party day medallion, looks very much like the one you show except the outer ring is reddish and the eagle is gold colored. Another one if memory serves me correct is for the national theatre opening which also i believe is along the design shown on yours. Very nice item you have there!

Duzig(Bill)