News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KvK 1with swords Hamburg political leader

[attachmentid=40990]An interesting doc awarded to SS Gruppenfuhrer Ahrens.I believe that he may have received this award for his reassuring broadcasts on Hamburg radio as the air raids were devastating the city.The document is pen signed by Goring.Any additional background or a photograph would be fascinating.

Thanks Andy

• 2 months later...

Have now discovered a little more about the SS Gruppenfuhrer who won this award.

Born 29.04.1896

NSDAP-Nr 402 019

SS-Nr 36 226

promotions

SS Gruf; 9.11.42, Brigf 30.01.39, SS Oberf 13.08.34 SS Staf 1.12.33

It appears that he also received the Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Ehrendegen des RF SS/ Totenkopfring der SS

I believe that he worked closely with Gauleiter Karl Kaufmann (Hamburg) and had a number of responsibilities in administering the city.

Can anyone tell me the fate of Ahrens?

Do any photos of this individual exist?

Ive got my fingers crossed Cheers Andy

Guest Rick Research

Born 29 April 1896 in Hamburg. 24 August 1938 given titles of Pr?sident" and "Staatssekret?r" as deputy to the Reichsstatthalter of Hamburg for the city administration.

"Onkel Baldrian" was sentenced to 4 1/2 years imprisonment after the war, though whether he SERVED that in full or in part--or FOR what, I do not know. That's the last information I have on him. He probably got the jail time for having had so many goodies stick to his fingers (on the board of the Hamburg-America Line etc etc etc) from his position. He was a nominal SS member of the "lounge lizard" type--

a "uniform wearer" for the mutual prestige that entailed, and not a war criminal that I can determine.

October 1942 was before the firestorms raids in the summer of 1943, so probably for his senior position in the 4th year of the war in a more general sense.