News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here are 2 of my trios, the first set is the 1914 star trio which was awarded to SS-1220 Pte T. E. Peacock ASC (on Star) and SS-1220 Sjt. T. E. Peacock on the BWM and Victory medals.

The SS- prefix denotes he was an ASC old army Supply Special.

Tony

Here is a 1914 Star trio with bar awarded to 7468 Pte. H. Murrell, 2 RSR (on star) and L-7468 on the BWM and Victory medals. The L prefix crops up on home county regiment medals amongst others.

The mini ribbon bar with rosette is made of a single piece of material which may not be unusual but is harder to find.

Both T. E. Peacock and H. Murrell survived the war.

Tony

This is a 1914/15 trio awarded to M2-103991 Pte. T. Winterton of the ASC, the BWM and Victory are named to M2-103991 Sjt. Winterton.

M2 means he was an electrician.

Tony

Hello Marcus,

Substanstive is when you've been granted the rank, acting is a sort of trial period which can just be taken away from you.

Do you have the original boxes for the medals?

Tony

Not this set, but another with just the pair in them.

Just like our time then Tony, apart from I wasn't called acting Corp, but sub laugh.gif ........and trust me it's easily lost, not even through a Regimental Entry wink.gif

Yeah I was naughty :speechless-smiley-004:

Cheers mate,

Marcus

(I'll post the boxed set if you like on another thread)