News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Difficult to say if he received it or not, however seeing as he does not have any other awards maybe the clerk on the day picked up the wrong Wehrpa? to fill in!

He does not appear to have the first grade PAB but if he did have sufficient for the II grade then that could have been waved, nor does he appear to have any combat awards!

He was trained as a clerk, radio operator, Pz. commander, equipment and weapons adminstrator, latterly as the Hauptfeldwebel or "Der Spie?"!.....perhaps not in front line combat then!?!?

The scan is a bit blurry but is that a KVK I m/S? Is the KVK II m/S mentioned anywhere?

Unfortunately I too have examples where awards have been crossed out like this and the buying point was not these awards as there was (like yours!) no authorising signature. These are not officially erased awards due to being foreign for example or revoked however!

It is a nice Wehrpa? but perhaps with a mistake!

Regards,

Ian

Edited by ian jewison

Thanks for the comments,I need to add some info I left out obviously :blush: There is an entry for the standard PAB,he received an IC 2nd class and a BWB and some other medals,but no KVK 2nd class! So I guess you are right with the mistake :(

Regards

Again it's difficult to say for sure....I have examples where the guy has been entitled to both classes of KVK and only the 1st class has been entered in the Soldbuch or Wehrpa?!

Simply as they appear to be crossed out at the time seems to suggest that it was an error.

Regards,

Ian

Hello,

Whist admiring your Wehrpass and Battle Calendar in particular, I couldn't help noticing the two punched holes in the Wehrpass. My question is how much of a detreimental effect do punched holes have on the value of a pass 20%, 50% ?? I collect Wehrpasses in a small way and usually avoid passes with punched holes, but will buy passes with the scratched out swastikas on the cover. Am I too particular ? or doing the right thing by following my gut instinct ?.

Regards

Alec

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I,too,don?t rate the punch-holes themselves,but look if they erased interesting parts of the document.I think it is an individual point of view if you like or dislike it.It is you who has to be happy with the doc at the end of the day. :beer:

Regards