News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo Jens, :beer:

just trying to undestand the career represented here by this bar, so please excuse my ignorance :P is it really possible for him to have had 15 years military service to Saxony, then followed by 25 years Police service ending with the iii reich Police? Would that mean he had to have joined the Police in the 1920s??

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Normally I would say to POST any ebay reference scan (when that item is sold, this is a dead useless thread forever afterwards without a scan) BUt the seller's miserable tiny dark Evil Swastika Cropped scans are so bad, it's not WORTH saving them.

Indeed yes, for a change, a VERY nice career NCO's medal bar.

Police service in the Third Reich simply RE-counted Imperial period military service. And bearing in mind that wartime service was counted for double time as a regular soldier-- he probably had LESS than 15 years in as an NCO before going into the police.

The Bulgarian awards do not, of course, belong ahead of the German long services, but this is well within the range of "normal" period errors-- what I call "uglies" on a Good-Bad-Ugly scale.

Squint as I might, can't tell, but that Bulgarian SCfB 4th Class appears to have a separate center ring.

A very nice bar indeed after many--too many-- Frankensteins.