News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slovak War Victory Cross Ribbon?

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

This ribbon is on the ribbon bar of Oberst Friedrich Freiherr von Brockdorff, being shared :cheers: for the eventual Second Edition of the German 1914-45 Ribbon Bar Article online here by Torsten Straube

but I'm unsure exactly what this one is, never having encountered this one before:

quite an array of foreign awards for a Wehrmacht retread! :jumping:

Slovak being outside my knowledge, does the eagle device signify some sub-variety within the award, the class, or ???

but I'm unsure exactly what this one is, never having encountered this one before:

post-160-1192755340.jpg

Could it be the ribbon of the Order of the Slovakian Cross? According to Hendrik's site, the Slovak War Victory Cross had a red ribbon with two yellow stripes. The Order of the Slovakian Cross looked similarly to the War Victory Cross, but with a blue cross instead of a red cross.

I have never seen a ribbon with such a complicated design!! ??

I saw something similar before, but I cannot rember where or what was it. The only thing I have found now is the cross below described as the 'War Victory Cross'. 39.gif

l11051fwv1.jpg

Taken from the book Slovensk? Rady Vyznamenania Cestn? Odznaky

by J?n Marcinko and Alexander Jirousek

Year 2002

ISBN 80-967096-7-4

7.6.1 Military Victory Cross fourth class with embroidered ribbon and ribbons

7.6.2 Military Victory Cross fourth class with swords, embroidered ribbon and ribbons

7.6.3 Military Victory Cross fourth class with swords, dua?-strip ribbon and ribbon

The images of the medals

post-2544-1193204480.jpg

7.6.1 Military Victory Cross fourth class with embroidered ribbon and ribbons

7.6.2 Military Victory Cross fourth class with swords, embroidered ribbon and ribbons

7.6.3 Military Victory Cross fourth class with swords, dua?-strip ribbon and ribbon

Thanks Antonio. It seems that I remembered correctly that there were badges awarded with a fully embroidered ribbon. Does the book say which was the default ribbon and which was a special distinction (the embroidered one or the dual-striped one)? Or does the ribbon indicate a certain period in the existence of the order? According to Hendrik's site, the Slovak War Victory Cross underwent several changes during its existence.

Edited by Carol I

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: Thanks for the scan. About all I get out of Slovak are the words that are the same in Russian. :(

It is interesting to see that the pin on the full sized Cross is exactly the same as on a ribbon bar.

This is my entire "Slovak collection"--

• 4 years later...