News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are a few of the more unusual masks I have. The first is an early oxygen tube, BAL stamped on the hose and dated, I believe, 1934. Interestingly, this is the only German mask of the era with a cloth-covered hose. The second is an experimental version with dual small caliber hoses. I don't know much about this model, but I have seen similar style medical masks from the period. The medical masks can be distinguished by the position of the valve. On the pilot version, the valve is almost flush with mask, but on the medical version it protudes from the mask. Finally there is the modified 10-6701 mask. This has a double hose closed system, and was possibly developed for high altitude helmets being developed at the War's end.

tube1.jpg

tube2.jpg

tube3.jpg

tube4.jpg

The double-hose 10-6701 was found in a basket full of USAAF A-14 oxygen masks in a surplus store near Kelly AFB in San Antonio, TX sometime back. I believe it was found in the 1970's. This makes sense, since San Antonio is still one of the main centers for aviation medicine for the Air Force. It was probably discarded after evaluation.