News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recieved the following info...

Charles Emile Samuel Chambeau.

Er ist am 07.04.1891 in Battin/Prenzlau geboren und (durch Freitod) am 12.08.1962 in Hamburg gestorben.

Zunächst war er Leutnant d.Res. im Kürassierregiment Graf Wrangel No.3, bis 25.01.1925. Vom 01.06.17- 15.04.19 Leiter der Versorgungsabt. der Ersatz- Eskadron Kür.Regt. 3 in Königsberg/ Pr.

Lt. Feldpostnummer 00862 v. 18.08.1941 Oberleutnant.

Lt. "Ausweis" (Blatt Papier, so bezeichnet) v. 31.01.1945 Rittmeister. Räumungstransport des Stalag I B Hohenstein von Stargard i.P. nach Teterow.

Nach weiteren Unterlagen von Dez 1917 - Nov. 1918 Spionage- Abwehr.

I assume then he served in The Cavalry, staying in the service until 1925, then being activated and serving in a POW camp?

Best

Chris

Chris,

All I have is the 1914 Rangliste and there's only one Prussian officer named Chambeau listed in it and he's a Hauptmann with Pionier-Bataillon von Rauch (1. Brandenburgisches ) Nr.3. There is no Chambeau listed, either active or reserve, with Kürassier-Regiment Graf Wrangel (Ostpreußisches) Nr.3. Perhaps he was commissioned after the rangliste was published?

He does not appear to be in the January 1939 rank list, so he must have been reactivated later.

Google tells me that Feldpostnummer 00862 is the "1. Kriegslazarett Kriegslazarett-Abteilung 612"

Hi,

good thinking, I googled as well, but the hit gives it that for (28.4.1940-14.9.1940)apparently they were reassigned a number of times during the war. It is probably a different unit a year later.

best

Chris

Hi,

good thinking, I googled as well, but the hit gives it that for (28.4.1940-14.9.1940)apparently they were reassigned a number of times during the war. It is probably a different unit a year later.

best

Chris

OK, the doc shows it to be the same unit.

From what I can see, he lost a hand/Arm in WW1... and was attached to Stalag I B POW camp, at least atr the end of the war.

Best

Chris

• 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...