News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"I was at Verdun...." Militaria

Obviously the German and French soldiers were the core of fighting at Verdun, but there were also Austrian and later on Americans in the sector, all who must have had badges etc dealing with Verdun....

Lets see ANYTHING you may have with "Verdun" on it...

A couple of variations of the French medal

And an unlikey place to find it... 2 US WW1 Helmets... does anyone know why :-) ?

NICE!!!!

I know it was a huge source of pride to the Doughboy's to have "succeded" where the French of 1916 did not. Although the Argonne was a far cry from Verdun of 1916. They seem, in diarys, to not differentiate between the two.

Those helmets are amazing!!!

You said ANYTHING.... Indoor lighting can mess digital images up. Sorry for the poor image quality.

There is a whole series of these little tombstones with an Adrian helmet on the top. One side has a standard inscription and the other, the name of a battlefield.

This is the whole package the item came in, box, "certificate" and a small two sided paper print out describing what the item was. Pick it up, shake it and it has something inside that rattles. Inside these were small items taken from battlefields, such as buttons, small pebbles, pieces of shrapnel, etc.

• 11 months later...
    • 1 month later...