News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"The Turkish War Medal" - A Book Review

Mike M

Dear Friends,

In my book I shared with you (pages 84&85 the package of the TWM, but I forgot to show both them them together. :banger:

When you only show the package and give dimensions it does not really give the image comparing the Medal. Actually the package is really small.

Here see yourself, enjoy :beer:

Demir

• 2 months later...

Errata list for the book THE TURKISH WAR MEDAL:

Please note the difference in the translation of the TWM Document.

PAGES: 47,77,78,81,82

OLD: … you are granted the War Medal by our esteemed imperial majesty, his royal highness Sultan.

NEW: ... you are granted the War Medal on behalf of holy sublime imperial majesty, His Royal Highness Sultan.

Even though I explained in the book that Enver Pasha changed the Regulation of the War Medal and replaced the word "Berat" (Document signed by the Sultan) with "Vesika" (Document) in order to make it possible for him to sign it (the documents have his seal and signature on them), I missed the the old Turkish word "nam-ı" in the original document while translating (actually it means "on behalf of").

Thanks

Demir

Edited by demir

• 9 years later...

This is an essential book to have if you're interested in the Turkish War Medal and is exceptionally helpful as a guide in identifying the different makers.  If you don't have a copy, then I urge you to buy one for your library.