News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M40 black painted as issued DD SS helmet,one of only a handfull im told,et66,chinstrap stamped ss bw 00453,austrian decals.my camera is knackered so scan is all i can do at the moment.Janoshttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-8400-0-55186900-1335355493.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-8400-0-61739700-1335355547.jpg

Hi Charlie,

I have an ET66 #703 in my database which is a Heer helmet, SD. There are a number of SS lids in the #700 area but they are all SD helmets, and none are black. The lot number is pretty high in the range for a DD, ET were the only firm to have consecutive lot numbers so they are more useful than usual with this factory..

I've asked a few chaps I know to take a look, one of the guys has one of the best and most comprehensive SS helmet collections in the world so he will have a valuable opinion. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have a warm feeling with it :(

All the best, Andy

I meant to ask is it a black repaint over factory finish, or is black the only paint on the shell? Interior pics and shots of the whole lid would be great if possible. Do you have any more helmets? I've noticed there are not many posted here.

Cheers, Andy

Hi again mate, well I have had a couple of opinions back and they are not favorable I'm afraid..... i'm glad to hear you are not too much out of pocket though.

Are you a member of war relics forum?

Here is the thread; http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-helmet-forum/double-decal-m40-et66-700-703-a-173055/

'Doug B' on there with the SS avatar has more SS helmets than the LAH and I trust his opinion in this field completely.

I'm not sure any SS helmets were painted black at the factory, and black M40's are unheard of from what I know. Then throw 2 decal on an M40 into the mix....... did both lids come from the same source?

Hi No they didnt come from the same source and your helmet guy who has more helmets than the LAH is about to learn something,this black helmet is 100%,Everybody seems to think they know everything.Both these helmets are !00% right,I defy anybody to prove differently.Charlie

Hi Sorry to say that the other sight that said this was a fake are a bunch of no nothing johny come latelys,the one that said the runes where to thin for a pocher is right,its not a pocher its an austrian decal,where do these people get there knowledge,.charlie

Hi Again sorry to come back in again but dougB really knocked me out he is the biggest W----R I have ever heard on these sights and YES I HAPEND TO HAVE THAT HELMET the most valiable helmet in the world,nobody can have what I have.What a tosher.