News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Flying Corps Visor Cap

Hello folks,

What are your thoughts on this RFC visor cap?

RFC01_zpsaf8ef9f5.jpg

RFC02_zps6f6af9ce.jpeg

RFC03_zps9dd7660e.jpeg

RFC04_zps52b57d26.jpeg

RFC05_zps78cbc5f8.jpeg

RFC06_zps9a7c8efe.jpeg

Alas I somewhat foolishly took a bit of a punt on this one as I don't know much about these, other than to say that it has some features that don't seem 'common' with the WW2 era caps I have seen, and some features that are common (for example, the fat chin strap). I don't have it in my hands yet (so I don't have any other pictures), but the seller has a return policy should the item not be as advertised so I should be ok, but am interested in any thoughts given I paid a bit of a premium.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Brad

Regimentals have a pretty good reputation (guessing this is the same cap they had listed?) so that's a good start.

Would like to see the cap with the badge removed, some of the staining seems larger than the badge and would be interesting to see if there are any id marks within the folded part of the cap liner.

Think you will have to wait until it arrives for a definite answer.

Regards Simon.

Brad - firstly, welcome to GMIC. Speaking personally, I think that this has a good chance of being genuine. The

appearance looks right and there is wear on the button holes. I am surprised that there is no label - as Simon mentions,

have a look under the inner leather band. I am sure other Members will comment. Mervyn

Thanks guys.

Simon - no this cap wasn't being sold through Regimentals. I had quite a number of negative opinions on some other forums, so I decided to seek reimbursement before the cap shipped, which I received. So no harm done.

Appreciate the feedback none the less!

Thanks,

BC