News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Major Grigory Didysenko (I think)

This the first soviet group I have purchased. I think the name is Grigory Didysenko, but that is just what I was told. The set includes 2 red stars (#1,820,314 and #3,130,670) a 1985 OGPW (#3,514,214) an un-numbered medal for military merit, a medal for victory over Japan, 30 years of the red army, and 40 years of the GPW. The document also shows an order of lenin (missing from set, #292,792) that I belive might have been added by the sellermad.gif . There is also the order book for the OGPW, what I think is a military navigator's ID, and what appears to be a passport (I could easily be wrong, scans of all sheets with writing below). The most recent addition to the document was dated 2001. Any thoughts or information on anything here? I will look into getting research done, and I'll see if some friends of mine can translate anything.

Guest Rick Research

Aha.

Grigory Semenovich Didusenko's Orders Book shows privileges to start 1 September 1945-- so that first Red Star was bestowed in August 1945-- must be for action against the Japanese. Second Red Star is a long service award 1953/54, as was the unnumbered MMM circa 1948/49. The Orders Book was filled out on XX March 194(?).

IF he actually DID get the Lenin, that is in the 5 November 1954 long service awards numbers range. Seems unlikely.

When you ask for research, send the name page of the Orders Book as well as the Orders Book serial number (A 063672) which will prevent any confusion about how the names are actually spelled. The number of the Orders Book helps find files. You'd only want an award citation on that 1945 Red Star.

The 1st Class navigator/bomber qualification was made out on 14 May 1954 (so maybe he DID get a 1954 Lenin for something special????), as a Guards Major. Signed off on by the President of the Examination Committee, air force Lieutenant General Bogorodetsky. There should be another page with entries facing inside the back cover after the open spread you've shown.

The green booklet is his Ministry of Defense Identification Book for officers of the reserve (= retirees).

This shows that he was born 26 June 1919 in the village of Mal(oe?) Dmitrovichi, Obukhovskogo Raion, Kievskjaya Oblast. He was a Ukrainian. This was issued at a local Veterans Commissariat in the city of Kiev on 7 May 1968.

Scan #9 shows he was a participant in the war against Japan 9.8.-3.9.45 as a flight navigator/bombardier. The stamps authorize badge for war participants, the 1975 WW2 jubilee Medal, and a "Permanent Certificate" I have no clue what is meant by.

Scan #10 shows he was retired 12 December 1956 by the Air Force high command under Paragraph 59 "G" (no clue whatsoever what these retirement codes mean), with permission to wear uniofrm in retirement.

Final entry in shaky handwriting and un-stamp says he was promoted Lieutenant Colonel by decree of the Prsidium 24.4.2001. Maybe self-entered, and the lunatic Communist "shadow" government still pretending to be in charge of a non-existent Soviet Union.

Scan #11 shows stamps authorizing 1978 and 1985 jubilee medals.