News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hmmm - I see good points and bad points. The obverse looks OK in general, but the diagonal strokes on the "1"s are straight and on most genuine variants I am aware of that part of the 1s are curved. At least it is not the high quality fake that has been circulating recently. Regarding the reverse, it has unusual hardware and I go not really like the burn marks arounf the hinge and catch. I think the only Braunschweiger KVK I have seen marked are "classic" Meybauers. I do not recall seeing that mm anywhere before (it looks stamped in, rather than raised??). I have to admit to being suspicious about this one and probably would not buy it if it was offered to me. I will be intersted in the opinions of others.

Regards

Mike

I agree with Mike.

The straight (rather than curved) serif on the number 1 seems to be a common feature of what is generally accepted as a fake.

The discolouration on the rear does not inspire any confidence in me, either.

As someone who tends to be cautious (rather than really knowledgeable), I would rate this as "not for my collection".