News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question

I have a Landwehr Cavalry Lt's Friedensrock. There are loops for either a 4-5 place ribbon bar or a 2-3 place medal bar. What awards are most likely for a 2Lt in the Landwehr? I guess its Prussian though that leaves it wide open for a man from nearly anywhere.

Yes, it's very wrinkled. I need to steam it a bit to release the wrinkles.

Does anyone have photos of this uniform in wear?

Charles,

I do not have a photo, but somewhere within the last 2-3 weeks I saw a photo that had either this uniform or a field version in it. It was a photo of a group of officers some sitting in chairs, some standing, two enlisted mess orderlies standing on each side. The photo made me think they were having after dinner cigars. In the very front row was an older officer wearing a Landwehr cavalry jacket. I'd never seen one in wear and it was the very distinctive cuffs that caught my eye.

I can't find the photo now. I don't know if it was on this forum, or WAF, or Picklehaubes.com since I cruise all three of them every day. :speechless:

Charles,

I do not have a photo, but somewhere within the last 2-3 weeks I saw a photo that had either this uniform or a field version in it. It was a photo of a group of officers some sitting in chairs, some standing, two enlisted mess orderlies standing on each side. The photo made me think they were having after dinner cigars. In the very front row was an older officer wearing a Landwehr cavalry jacket. I'd never seen one in wear and it was the very distinctive cuffs that caught my eye.

I can't find the photo now. I don't know if it was on this forum, or WAF, or Picklehaubes.com since I cruise all three of them every day. :speechless:

Mike,

I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't visited Picklehaubes.com in a while. I must say the "Google"ing Landwehr mainly gives 1800 era Landwehr units. The Landwehr must have been a very big deal in the late 1700s and early 1800s...

Mike,

I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't visited Picklehaubes.com in a while. I must say the "Google"ing Landwehr mainly gives 1800 era Landwehr units. The Landwehr must have been a very big deal in the late 1700s and early 1800s...

HELLO!!!!! :unsure: Surely someone has a photo...

• 4 months later...

HELLO!!!!! :unsure: Surely someone has a photo...

Here's my Landwehr Cavalry tunic. The straps actually appear to have once had numbers and pips. Can anyone help me acquire the correct numeral devices for this style tunic? I'm also seraching for an appropreate visor cap.