News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Lippe Detmold House Order Photo for Solomon

Guest Rick Research

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhkay then. A overaged Feldgrau Ulanen Leutnant with a Prussian Red Cross Medal 3rd Class and a Lippe Detmold House Order 4a, peacetime. A "Rittmeister" grade civilian Order to a mere Leutnant.

Guest Rick Research

Message from above Leutnant (der Landwehr Kavallerie ?) Fritz Adam of 2. Landsturm Eskadron, III. Armeekorps (Dinant 11 March 1915) to his fellow Landwehr Cavalry Leutnant Berlin buddy (with hopes of meeting back there "healthy" again) Hermann M?ller, posted to Infanterie Regiment 161, 29. Inf Brig, "Fuchs Division," Armeeabteilung Gaede:

Soooooo, unlike the Mystery Third Reichers, here we have a NAME.

And with a name and a clear MEDAL BAR grade of the Order, we amble through the World's Most Perfect Award Rolls:

Fritz Adam, Gro?kaufmann (of WHAT, one wonders) resident in Berlin-Wilmersdorf (very nice), born Berlin 28 February 1879

received the 471st LDH4a on 11 June 1912.

He did not, as far as the Most Excellent Of All German Rollkeepers were aware, die during the war. No death date, no return date. No addition of wartime swords or promotion in grade.

Adam was not commissioned before the war.

:catjava:

Hi Rick!

Great photo! Just one question: why is he wearing his medals on the right side of the chest, is this the usual way to wear them at an ulanka (if I remember the name of such uniforms correctly....)

David

Edited by David M

Hi Rick!

Great photo! Just one question: why is he wearing his medals on the right side of the chest, is this the usual way to wear them at an ulanka (if I remember the name of such uniforms correctly....)

David

David,

If I may jump in........yes, ulans wore their medals on the right side of the chest because back in the full dress days they wore a belt that went across from their left shoulder to their right side and the tassels from their tschapka lanyard hung on the left side of their chest and they would have covered up the medals.

Here let me use this old guy I have a photo of ....... :cheeky:

Rick,

Adam was commissioned as a Leutnant der Landwehr Kavallerie I on the 8th of February 1915. I think it is a good possibility that the Vizewachtmeister M?ller listed above is Adam's buddy, Hermann M?ller.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Glenn! And glad to be able to add a first name to that otherwise "hopeless" wartime Landwehr M?ller for your ongoing project too! :beer:

Less and less of the "much that was lost" is no longer hidden! This IS the new Golden Age of research! :jumping:

I had some problems with my PC, sorry for the late answer...

It is fantastic to prove such pictures with the fitting award rolls, isn?t it :P

Thank you for sharing this photo, Rick A very interesting combination of awards :love:

Greetings

Solomon

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

This thread is soooo old... brought up for Charles' Landwehr Cavalry Leutnant tunic thread, to compare an overaged Lt's possible awards:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28075

and I have to go look for Adam in Berlin's online city directories, which I didn't know about when this was first posted.

This thread is soooo old... brought up for Charles' Landwehr Cavalry Leutnant tunic thread, to compare an overaged Lt's possible awards:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28075

and I have to go look for Adam in Berlin's online city directories, which I didn't know about when this was first posted.

Interesting. I wouldn't think the Red Cross medal would precede the Order.