News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm fascinated by the three Hossauer marked awards which came with my recently acquired 1813 EK grouping and wondered if anyone else can show some awards marked for this firm.

The first two shown here are the 25 Yr Long Service. The earlier version has the spilt ring suspension, is very thin at 2.5mm at the centre tapering to 1.5mm at the tip of the arms and weighs in at 10.7gr. The later example ( but still early I presume from the smooth arms ?) is 3.5mm thick at the centre tapering to 2mm and weighs in at 12.8gr.

The earlier piece is marked Hossauer on the edge of the central medallion at the 10 o'clock position and the later one on the edge of the arm at the 6 o'clock position.

Gentlemen,

Here is an early Hohenzollern Princely House Order, 1st cl. cross and it?s Hossauer mark (on the reverse). I might add that I also have a Hannoverian St. George star also marked to Hossauer which, unfortunately, lives too far from home to be retrieved in a timely manner - note, Hossauer was the original maker of the St. George stars, unusual for Hannover.

Edited by Wild Card

In addition to these, I have seen this maker on many of the earliest examples of the "Other Ranks" pre-1913 Long Service Schnalle. During WW1, they were a heavy marketer/maker of the "I gave Gold for Iron" medallions. All very high quality pieces.