News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good evening gents, I attended a show this past weekend which I hardly ever do and there were two things that stuck-out in my mind. The first was the large number of enamel KdF membership badges with appropriate markings (all of a sudden so many examples?) and the large number of DSB membership badges with the red enamel background instead of the black. They all had the Aurich hallmark and a large circle on the reverse for the pin attachment. But, and this is a big but...they all ahd that narrow pin attachment similar to Hoffstatter/Bonn and the NSLB. Here are my 2 examples and what I was hoping to see was a red enamelled Aurich with the standard ges.gesch. pin attachment. Please post your examples. Thank you. Robert

File0264.jpg

File0265.jpg

Very interesting info Robert thanks. When you say narrow pin plate, do you mean the very narrow clipped type we see on modern badges, or the more oval period style plate?

Can't help with this thread as I don't yet have one, hopefully others will chip in though.

Cheers

Don

Thanks for the clarification. I've never heard of ones with red backgrounds to start with (but other may have as this isn't one of the badges I've studdied yet), & I don't like the sound of these oval plates being used. I think caution & more investigating is needed but I suspect that they are new fakes....

Cheers

Don

• 1 year later...

James, I'm curious about the Aurich logo on the badge you've posted. The upper part of the letter A takes the shape of a full circle, contrary to what I'm familiar with i.e. a "half-circle" if you get my meaning. Are there any other items known with this particular logo?

cheers

Peter

James, perhaps I focus on the wrong details, so I'll elaborate my thoughts.

We all know designs could differ, due to the creation of new dies. However the design of the manufacturer's logos remained pretty much the same. The Aurich logo has been frequently encountered on modern fakes, with both textbook appearencies and variations (like i.g. the one posted on WAF with an H looking like an 8). I'm not suggesting the type you've shown is a fake, but merely that we should try to find a different badge with identical logo, in order to establish some sort of legitimacy for this particular logo.

I've made a scan of Assmann's logo to illustrate. The top right image is from a PAB (the top circle is positioned above the top bar and it has long lower bars). The top left image is from a LW summer eagle (small A with DRGM). It's close to identical, apart from the top bar, which is centered through the circle. The bottom image is from a LW summer eagle (large A, no DRGM). Although almost identical to the former, this type is generally considered a fake, mainly due to great numbers appearing several years ago (at least that's what I've been told ;) . But if we look closely, we'll notice the logo is significantly different i.e. the top circle is void and the lower bars are almost non existent. In all fairness it should be mentioned a third original design i.e. similar to type#2, but with additional vertical bars on the center bar.

Who knows, maybe this is of no significance, but at least it kept me busy for a while :D

cheers

Peter

Assmann_logo.JPG

Peter,

I finally got around to getting a closer look at the Aurich logo on my badge and it isn't a full circle as it appears in the picture I posted earlier here is a close-up of the logo see what you make of it.

Enamel_Pins_165.jpg

Peter,

Your question about the logo wasn?t without merit from what you saw in the picture in the first post as it looked the same to me also, after looking at the actual badge under magi faction I believe the reason for it?s odd circler appearance is do lacquer buildup in the edges of the logo. :cheers:

James.

• 5 years later...

A nice & interesting piece Pete. From what I can see the dot pattern in the house roof is different from what is usually found on these Hoffstätter marked pieces. Usually they are a much more defined set of dots in rows of 4 x 4, yours appears (it could be the picture) to be 6 x 4.... However fear not, the rest of it & especially the reverse set up is exactly how I would expect it to be, so this is quite a rare manufacturer's variant. very nice.

Cheers

Don