News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

[attachmentid=38178][attachmentid=38179]

Gents I assume this is a replacement issue as eveidenced by the B instead of a serial number. I am hoping some other members would have one of these examples to post for comparison. Thank you for your time and courtesy and have a nice Sunday. Robert

Nice looking badge Robert. Unfortunately though I do not have any experiance of these so can not offer any opinion as to authenticity.

Hopefully someone else can help.

Cheers

Don

Benten, Thanks for showing your example. Mine seems to lack the little alignment o and the RZM stamp on mine isn't as crisp and detailed as yours. I got this impulsively from a well-known dealer with all of 4 minutes of analysis time. I did do something I have never done before and that is get a COA with it. So, if It appears in any way un-authentic, feel free to say so. Allopinions are welcome. One question slightly off-topic. When returning an item is a refund given for the COA as well. I would think so. HA Ha! Robert

I do not have them in front of me but I believe the Roger Bender/Angolia 2-Volume set on the HJ covers the markings on the reverse of these pretty well. I was looking at that very section a month or so ago but I cannot remember what they were exactly...worth a look.

Gents, Thanks for your replies. I was not too comfortable about getting it on a Friday morning with 4 minutes of research. This explains my getting a COA with it. I mean, in all seriousness, how the devil could anyone make well thought-out purchase in that short a period of time? I will take some better images tommorow (Tuesday) on my day off. Thanks again Robert

Here is an image with the attaching pin open. It looks good to me. There is evidence of honest wear front and back. More examples to view would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I do not have any of Angolia's reference books. Stop buying badges and start buying more reference material. Thanks agin Gents. Robert

Here is an image with the attaching pin open. It looks good to me. There is evidence of honest wear front and back. More examples to view would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I do not have any of Angolia's reference books. Stop buying badges and start buying more reference material. Thanks agin Gents. Robert

Robert , imo this badge is Ok . On the rear the material, the copper-plate, is made of a bit crude substance, which is sometimes to see on original badges.........I think that's why the letters and numbers have this appearance, where you had your doubts about.

The solderwork and pinsystem are in all details the same as my badge.

Cheers,

Benten

• 5 months later...

[attachmentid=57041][attachmentid=57042]Gents Long time no speak. Here is another recent addition to my HJ collection. M1/70 9253. I don't know about you but I am now more confused about these than ever before. I happened to check a dealer's site today and noticed the upgraded replacement attachment pin on an RZM marked badge. Also, there was a badge with document to a woman? Maybe my eyes deceived me. What do you guys make of all this? have a nice weekend. Robert :o

There isn't any problem with a female being awarded one. It was given to all members of the HJ & BDM who had joined prior to October 2nd 1932, & who had not less than 5 years unbroken service with either of the youth services or if they had outgrown these, one of the other NS organisations.

Cheers

Don

Don I wasn't aware of that. Logically, I wouldn't have thought that would be the case in as much as Tr tended to separate the genders. Any thoughts on the RZM marked badge with the B replacement style attaching pin? Best Regards Robert

• 1 month later...

I remember reading the account of an HJ member where he mentioned a regulation that came out in 1936 concerning improvement of the pin security due to the amount of Ehrenzeichen that were being lost. I've always regarded this as the reason for catches as displayed in post #1.

Edited by XEN

• 4 weeks later...