News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Some sort of cavalry association from the saddlebags. Timm made Freikorps insignia so this probably dates circa 1919-early 1920s. Never seen anything marked by that company beyond those few years.

Guest Rick Research

GREAT to see how these were suspended originally-- quite a peculiar method of attaching to the ribbon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Institute for fencing?

Yes,Sir! Yours is supposed to be for a "Fechtmeister/Oberfechtmeister" and mine for a "Bezirksfechtmeister".I can only guess that these were sort of grades.

Regards

Bezirkfechtmeister would be for a district fencing master.

Ober = upper

I wonder what the (bags)? the hands are shaking through would be? Gear bags? Perhaps they are not bags. Any one got a 40's fencing catalog?

Regards, --dj--Joe

Mr. Rosenberg, I shared the information with the GU.com section of the GD.com forum where I co-moderate. I appreciate very much the effort you put forth in finding this information and you recieved full credit as well deserved.

I did not supply links as I am not sure how the forums are disposed to this practise.

Regards,--dj--Joe

Joe,always welcome!

Those saddlebags do remind me of a fencing "ring" with two fencers symbolised,don?t you raise both hands when fencing-one upfront with the blade and the second somewhat showing to behind to keep the balance?

Regards

• 5 months later...

Joe,always welcome!

Those saddlebags do remind me of a fencing "ring" with two fencers symbolised,don?t you raise both hands when fencing-one upfront with the blade and the second somewhat showing to behind to keep the balance?

Regards

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

with regards this thread, I have noticed several medal / insignia items with a pair of hands motif from various countries and I come to the conclusion that they are all linked to the FREEMASON / FREIMAURER Society is it not also possible that the item posted by "d.j" could be a similar item perhaps with a military connection, a Lodge say in a military establishment? :unsure:

[

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva