News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistani Group for Ed

This wee group has surfaced down here on our local Trademe site...

Comprising of 4 medals to a Pakistani chap.

here is some info from the seller...

A good Pakistan group of 4 medals on an old court mounting. The medals are the Independence Medal (1947) (wrong ribbon), The Wiliadat-I-Quaid-I-Azim Medal (the founder of Pakistan -like a coronation medal) 1976, The Hijri Medal 1979, and another I have not identified yet. The first medal is impressed to 199 F C BAQIR KHAN (I assume it is Foot Constable or Frontier Constable)

If anyone wants this group...i will be happy to help.

Cheers

Paul

1- Tamgah-i-Pakistan / The Pakistan Medal (the "Independence Medal"), on ribbon for ten-year service medal

2- Tamgah-i-Sad Saala Jashan-i-Wiladat Quaid-i-Azam / Medal for the Centennial of the Quaid-i-Azam [Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 1976]

3- Hijri Medal 1400 [1979 C.E.]

4- Democracy Medal

Missing, and a very bad sign that it is missing, is the Tamgha-i-Jamhuria 1375 / Republic Medal, 1956.

Thanks for the identification. It sounds like these medals were all anniversary medals? Were these medals given to everyone who was in the military at the various time periods?

Thanks for the identification. It sounds like these medals were all anniversary medals? Were these medals given to everyone who was in the military at the various time periods?

Precisely. Just for being in service (including police) on the appropriate dates.