News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

R/Q/M Havildar

Doc

Mike Johnson and ed haynes can confirm this but my short answer, sadly, is "No." Unless you can find someone with a reg't history. A QM Havildar (Sergeant) would be Indian, not British and the records on the Indian ranks are probably buried in an archives in Rawalpindi or New Delhi. Sorry!

Peter

One faint hope would be if he was commissioned as a VCO. The Gazette would show "1346 RQMH Allah Ditta to be Jemadar" or similar wording.

Unfortunately I would doubt that many Quartermaster-Havildars would have been commissioned, the openings would more likely go to Company Havildar-Majors.

Gentlemen,

Thank You!! I have spent a lot of time narrowing the possibilities down to the 1st-4th Bn/15th Punjab. I had hoped that I could find him in one of the battallions. I'm NOT giving up!!! I've come to close to give up. It must be the stubborn Irish in me :cheeky:

:beer: Doc