News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What do I have here?

[attachmentid=54647][attachmentid=54648]

The area Goodwill's (second hand stores) have been putting out their "Halloween" items. Lots of odd ball stuff and occasional uniform items.

This was yesterday's find at first I thought it was navy but I don't see any Naval style insignia. Thought it either Polish, or Austrian or what?

I do like the Roundel it's very nicely done with an enamel bulls eye and bullion outer circles.

Any guesses?

Edited by coastie

Geez! Wish I could find those kinds of Goodwill stores! :o Seems like for years all the ones I've gone to have tried to be more "upscale". Used to be they'd take just about anything in the way of donations too... but they've gotten alot more picky and you just about have to have stuff that's in the original wrapping and brand new. Arrrrgh!

Great find and looks to be in super shape! Congratulations! :jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Geez! Wish I could find those kinds of Goodwill stores! :o Seems like for years all the ones I've gone to have tried to be more "upscale". Used to be they'd take just about anything in the way of donations too... but they've gotten alot more picky and you just about have to have stuff that's in the original wrapping and brand new. Arrrrgh!

Great find and looks to be in super shape! Congratulations! :jumping::jumping:

Thanks the Portland area GW's are better organized and big! There are at least 20 of them in the Greater Portland area. But I tend to find most of my Military stuff at the outlet. Finally snagged last year a M43 (GI) Field Jacket in my size and it cost maybe by weight $5.00

Edited by coastie

Rick you're right (as always :beer: ) found a web site that showed the old hats and new hats

Thanks All

:cheers:

Hi Coastie,

Could you pop up a link as that would probably be of interest/use to some of the membership. I know I'd be intro'd in checking it out. :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Thanks the Portland area GW's are better organized and big! There are at least 20 of them in the Greater Portland area. But I tend to find most of my Military stuff at the outlet. Finally snagged last year a M43 (GI) Field Jacket in my size and it cost maybe by weight $5.00

Hey, another great find! :jumping::jumping: And if you consider shipping for that kind of thing I for one would much rather find it in person than have to pay the PO a small fortune. Seems you find things for cheap on Ebay but then have to pay through the nose on shipping. :o