News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I find some badges but i dongt know this name

usairforce

Photo 1: Ohhhh . . . these "education diamonds" . . . :banger::banger:

I have been avoidiung putting them up. Battushig shows some, including some he doesn't know (even now) and guesses there are 3 times the number "out there" (almost as bad as the aimag badges!).

I have no clue on the two in photo #1 - teh first one is 1960-92 and the second is post-1992, does that help?

Guess I should put mine up . . . ?

Photo 2 is obviously some sort of international friendship thing from 1961, buit what does the legend say??

Photo 3 is M 03, Outstanding Worker of Trade -- see: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10193&st=01

Have you ordered Battushig's book? Also, browsing the various threads here can be useful.

The first part may be an acronym. The rest appears to be "Army Volleyball Ulaan Baatar".

The flags represent, starting from the 12 o'clock position and going clockwise, Mongolia, the PRC, ? [Albania(?)], Bulgaria, Hungary, North Vietnam, East Germany, North Korea, Poland, Romania, Czechoslovakia and the USSR.

Some trace the Sino-Soviet and intra-Communist split to the November 1960 International Congress of Communist Parties, the 22nd Congress of the CPSU in October 1961, and the severing of Soviet-Albanian relations in December 1961, which led to more open splits after the Cuban Missile Crisis. Maybe it really started with this volleyball match.