News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Ribbon Bar

Mark M

Here is an interesting Austrian ribbon bar that I have a few questions on. Can anyone ID the awards on it? I believe the second is an Iron Crown, and the second to last is a wound ribbon, but the rest? Also, is this a correct style of wrap on these ribbons? And, why is the bar look trapezoid shaped on the left side and rectangular on the right? Sorry for the lousy photos. I have requested better ones and will add them when I get them.

Regards,

Mark

[attachmentid=57006]

[attachmentid=57007]

Before anyone asks, the darker colored vertical stripe touches the horizontal stripes on Austro-Hungarian and Hungarian bravery and commemorative ribbons with the "ladder" effect. Here, the darker colored red stripe is the edge stripe and the white stripe is next to the ladder rungs, which appear blue, which match the 1943 Croatian award.

Also, the third from last ribbon, by position, would seem to be an Austro-Hungarian Milit?r-Dienstzeichen f?r Offiziere, but the black stripe is a little thin, more like a W?rttemberg Milit?rverdienstorden. Neither of these would have had swords.

and.... the peacetime FJO, or any Bulgarian on a solid red ribbon would NOT be nounted in between the two "war" ribbons.... Nor would the pure black Johanniter precede a war decoration. Now, first place could be the EK2 ribbon with acid destruction of the white threads... Second place is most certainly an iron crown 3 ribbon, but again... a crown, but no swords device/war decoration wreath preceding a war ribbon???

Too many inconsistencies with reality to chase this bar....

and.... the peacetime FJO, or any Bulgarian on a solid red ribbon would NOT be nounted in between the two "war" ribbons.... Nor would the pure black Johanniter precede a war decoration. Now, first place could be the EK2 ribbon with acid destruction of the white threads... Second place is most certainly an iron crown 3 ribbon, but again... a crown, but no swords device/war decoration wreath preceding a war ribbon???

Too many inconsistencies with reality to chase this bar....

My first thought was that the first ribbon might have been a badly stained St. Stephen, then, with the Croatian in last place, some sort of Croatian award. But then all the other inconsistencies added up.