News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Arrow Cross Cap and Armband

Hello Gentlemen,

This is my first post on this forum, and I am very happy to be part of such a distinguished group as this. I bought this set over the summer for a very good deal. I am only 17, so I was amazed to have to opportunity to own such a rare piece. Enjoy.

Hi John-

Welcome! And as I had said before - a fantastic find! For those who dont know a few observations. As the war drew to an end the quailty of the Arrow Cross uniforms degraded. In many cases the (relativly few) Arrow Cross items that I have seen were manufactured from existing tunics that were "mass" dyed in dark blue / black dye. The threads that held the peices together were subsequently dyed with them and give off a blue hue as can be seen in the photos. This cap is made from an end of the war Honved cap that was thrown into a vat of dye and then issued. I hate to also mention one factor that the arm band is original is that the arms of the 'arrows' on the cross are narrow. On all the crude reproductions that I see around - they arms of the cross are much fatter. Nice pieces - real keepers! :beer: (even though you are too young to have one :rolleyes: )