News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

11th Army Serbia 1915 machine gun units

Does anyone have the OB for the 11th Army in Serbia October November 1915 with the information about MGAs?

What MGA were assigned? They were attached to what level? Division? Corps? What were their nationality? For instance I know MGA 250 was from Wurrtemberg -- I have no idea where it was assigned besides a country of Serbia. Thank you very much in advance.

Does anyone have the OB for the 11th Army in Serbia October November 1915 with the information about MGAs?

What MGA were assigned? They were attached to what level? Division? Corps? What were their nationality? For instance I know MGA 250 was from Wurrtemberg -- I have no idea where it was assigned besides a country of Serbia. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

Mentions of the MG units I only have for end of 1916 and 1918 for the 11. Armee.

If we are talking 1915 then it is a Gebirgs MG Abt. the 201-251 were formed in this time period.

Unfortunately not divisional so they are rather difficult to pin down.

GlennJ may have them

All the best

Chris

If we are talking 1915 then it is a Gebirgs MG Abt. the 201-251 were formed in this time period.

Thank you and yes of course you are right! Kraus in his two-volume work footnoted a specific AVB for the use of experimental scroll helmets for these guys. There are many disconnects. Such is the elusive OB. Thanks again.

Thank you and of course you're right! Kraus in his two-volume work footnoted a specific AVB that authorized these guys experimental scroll helmets. As I dig I have found several disconnects. Just as you said... hard to pin down OB! Thank you again.