News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all, this is my first post and I am sorry if this has already been discused, I didn't see anything through a search. I am looking for the proper term for the death memorials that came out early in the war. I am looking for the one that shows the pretty blonde Angel leaning over a fallen soldier with a flower. It has the bible verse " There is no greater love than to lay down your life for your brothers". Any one know a name for this or where I can locate a real or repro one ? Thanks :cheers:

Hello all, this is my first post and I am sorry if this has already been discused, I didn't see anything through a search. I am looking for the proper term for the death memorials that came out early in the war. I am looking for the one that shows the pretty blonde Angel leaning over a fallen soldier with a flower. It has the bible verse " There is no greater love than to lay down your life for your brothers". Any one know a name for this or where I can locate a real or repro one ? Thanks :cheers:

Hello,

Ged?chtniskarte, see here: http://www.lmg-varel.de/faecher/geschichte/clio/gedenkbl.jpg

1 John 3:16 .........and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hardy has posted the Prussian one. I have meant to add one of those to the thread above but have had no time.

In the thread there is also the Bavarian, Sachsen etc.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Hardy, that is exactly the one I am looking for, I thought the angel was a blonde though. Anyone know of any of these that are for sale? I would be happy with a copy of one also. Thanks. Brian