News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regimentsgeschichte Gren.-Reg 11, F?s-Regt 38

Dear Members,

would anyone of you have in his collection any of these books by

Georg Wolfram von Ebertz:

Hundertj?hrige Geschichte des Grenadier-Regiments K?nig Friedrich III. (2. Schlesisches) Nr 11 1808-1908

Das 2. Schlesische Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 11, jetziges Gren.-Reg. K?nig Friedrich III im Feldzuge 1870/1

Or

a history of the schlesisches F?silier-Regiment Nr 38 in the 1870/71 or its Stammliste?

I am looking for Laufbahndetails on the two brothers (Stammliste entries)

Louis II. Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich M?ldner von M?lnheim (kgl. hann. Premierleutnant Infanterie-Regiment 7, kgl. preuss. Premierleutnant zuletzt Hauptmann Grenadier-Regiment Nr 11)

Carl Louis Theodor M?ldner von M?lnheim (kgl hann 3. Infanterie-Regiment, kgl. hann. Leib-Regiment, kgl. preuss. F?silier-Regiment 38)

Carl was the father of the Aide to the CP Wilhelm, Louis III. MvM, both Carl and his brother Louis II. being grandsons of th first kurhessian Kriegsminister and Generaladjudant Georg Karl Wilhelm I. M?ldner, as M. von M?lnheim ennobled in 1831.

Thanks a lot!!

David M.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks that's great, I just dont get one thing. Why is he aggregirt in March 1867 and eingereiht March 1868? Whats the difference, and what did he do in between do you think

Thanks again,

David

Hi David,

luckily Karl Louis also served in Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 57 :D He was still alive in 1910.

Regards

Glenn

Hi David,

as an aggregierter officer he was a supernumary. Once he was eingereiht he was on the permanent establishment of the regiment. He would have been serving with the regiment between the two dates.

Regards

Glenn

Ah I see, thanks again!!

Hi David,

as an aggregierter officer he was a supernumary. Once he was eingereiht he was on the permanent establishment of the regiment. He would have been serving with the regiment between the two dates.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks

That's funny, same as we saw at Carl, Louis holds a Patent of prussian SLt, whilst he retired from hannoverian service as a PLt (or so my source says), he also had an earlier prussian Patent then his beginning of actuall prussian service in 1866.

I really hope someone could help me with some data from on of the two von Ebertz books (btw, where did you get this details?), as I hope he is mentioned there, especially since he was awarded an EKII. Interesting is, that EK's seem to have been not so widely spread during 1870/71 as they were during WWI.

David

David,

not much I am afraid. He was awarded an EK2 in 1870/71 and died at Hildesheim.

Seconde-Lieutenant: 16.5.62

Premier-Lieutenant: 6.9.70

He had retired by 1877.

Regards

Glenn

David,

the old Hanoverian promotion Patents were used to determine seniority on transfer into Prussian service and were listed in the published Prussian Dienstalterlisten along with the Prussian patents.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn

Oh I see, so he was promoted hannoverian SLt in 1862, but this date was also mentioned by the prussians, to determine when his promotion to Premierleutnant should take place, as the prussian promotions were after Dienstalter. Right?

David,

the old Hanoverian promotion Patents were used to determine seniority on transfer into Prussian service and were listed in the published Prussian Dienstalterlisten along with the Prussian patents.

Regards

Glenn

David,

correct.

The Landesbibliothek in M?nster holds a copy of the Ebertz Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 11 book. I will look at it next week although I can't promise he will be mentioned! I'll copy any mention of him if he is.

Regards

Glenn

That would be soooo cool!!!

Thanks a lot in advance!

David

David,

correct.

The Landesbibliothek in M?nster holds a copy of the Ebertz Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 11 book. I will look at it next week although I can't promise he will be mentioned! I'll copy any mention of him if he is.

Regards

Glenn