News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I am not very learned when it comes to ribbon bars; and having noticed quite a bit of expertise on the subject offered on this forum; I would like to present, for your evaluation, this little bar, which I picked up at last year?s Show of Shows.

What attracted me to it is its? obvious W?rttemberg connection; but what bothers me about it is the Wilhelm?s cross, with swords, being mounted after the combatant?s cross. Any opinions are appreciated.

Respectfully,

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

It's a bit surprising there, since most Xs awards were placed in front of the HCX, even when NOT for actual combat. Around 1935 there was often confusion about Reichs versus "local" awards precedence, and we often see WW1 state awards after HCs then. This one has "sandwiched" the HCX with a silver bravery on one side and the WilhelmsX on the other:

perhaps simply a period mistake, or a reflection of the wearer's personal value of an award that was granted as a homefront award for military personnel in the rear?

No originality problems at all-- a classic mid-1930s bar.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind comments and explanations regarding the placement of the Wilhelm?s cross. I had always viewed this award as something of an oddity and apparently (?post-1935 the Wilhelm's Cross was relegated to after the Honor Cross in Hierarchy...?) someone else felt the same way.

Best wishes,

Wild Card