News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Arab patches, need help

Hello!

I have a few arab patches and I'd like to know which country are they from and what were used for.

arabic10.th.jpg

Maybe someone on the forum knows something about them.

Thanks!

Hello, 'boonicootza'

I am sure this one is from algeria. I think it is for the fire birgade.

Hope this helps.

Hello, 'boonicootza'

I am sure this one is from algeria. I think it is for the fire birgade.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

At least I can narrow down the search. Most of them have the same shape so I can assume that are also from Algeria.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ! Fourth from left in lower rank wears the acronym EMEPS which could very well mean "Ecole Militaire d'Education Physique et Sportive" (more or less : "Army Physical Training School". That suggests that we have badges from an ex-French colony in North Africa (I am quite sure they are not from Lebanon). Algeria would fit, maybe also Tunisia. Morocco seems to be ruled out as the badges feature no crown. If Elvis is absolutely certain that the badge he identified is from Algeria, that means that they are all from this country, except maybe third and fourth from left in upper row, which have different shapes.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I agree that three on the top row appear to be Algerian, but the one 2nd from the right on the top is probably Saudi. I have two of these patches (one is small and the other very large). I have been told that they are either Saudi border guards or marines, but I have a Saudi border guard patch & so they may be associated with the Saudi Marines. The writing on the scroll is very simular and the waves are identical except for color. Both the ones that I have & yours have a yellow background opposite the waves (as well as the anchor and guns). My versions also have a scroll at the top as well as on the bottom. Yours seems to be the center part of my patch set in a larger field (with the Saudi emblem above the top scroll on my version). If this patch is not Saudi it is likely from the region.

I also have the patch 2nd from the right on the bottom (anchor on blue sea). I was told this was UAE, but I have not been able to verify it and it also is lacking the national emblem of the UAE, but some patches from Saudi & the UAE do lack their national seal. As it has been stated the bottom row and the one on the far left top seem to be from the same country.

Keep us posted what you find out.

Tribal Guidon

I meant to comment on these when they were originally posted...

I know nothing about these specific patches, but can offer a quick and dirty translation of the Arabic:

TOP ROW (left to right):

- "Civil Protection" (meaning Civil Defense, Fire Brigade)

- "Border Armed Service"

- "National Guard -- Entrance???"

- "National Guard - Border Guard"

- "Higher Air Defense School something"

BOTTOM ROW:

- "National Achievement? School"

- "National Naval School"

- "Higher School for Materiel"

- "Higher School for Physical Education and Sports"

- "Higher School for Flying"

Cheers,

Chris