News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kingdom of Yugoslavia - Shoulder Boards

paja

I´m collecting pairs not one of each because if I need them for an uniform in the future I don´t need to chase another one. Here´s another piece. A pair of navy parade officer shoulder boards. Not sure with kind of officer it´s, maybe somebody could give me an answer about that.

• Replies 111
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All pictures that I´m showing is a part of my collection :). These artillery shoulder boards are bought on an auction and the picture is originally taken from the auction. Here´s another generals shoulder boards, it´s brigades general as you said with the infantry colour red on the back. Maybe it´s hard to see the colour.

Lightfoot you have a beautiful collection, thank you very much for sharing it with us! :) Yes, I can see the red colour, great items, my compliments!

I´m collecting pairs not one of each because if I need them for an uniform in the future I don´t need to chase another one. Here´s another piece. A pair of navy parade officer shoulder boards. Not sure with kind of officer it´s, maybe somebody could give me an answer about that.

If I'm not mistaking those shoulder boards are for the junior officers of the navy, and you could see which rank they actually were by the lacing on their sleeves.

Pajo, from which book are tables you have posted?

Those tables are from: "Oznake rodova, struka i službi na odorama oružanih snaga" by Željko Heimer. It's a scientific work by an officer in Croatian armed forces, i found it in .PDF format online.

Thank´s for the information. It looks like the navy officer shoulder boards is from a lower grade officer if I´m right. Aviation and Navy is my weak sides. I´m a ground guy :).

You're welcome. :) Yes, they are definitely for lower grade officers, my congrats on them, haven't seen many of those before. :cheers:

Ground forces are much more interesting to me too. Just like in that Wehrmacht propaganda poster: "Infanterie Konigin aller Waffen!" :)

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the info from the regular chetnik batallions officers from the Army of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia!

Мало информација о регуларним четничким јединицама Војске Краљевине Југославије и њиховим официрским еполетама и ознакама !

• 1 month later...

Some very beautiful boards here, gentlemen! Thanks for sharing!

Just a little infromation for collectors outside Yugolsavia - in Kingdom of Yugoslavia, "chetnik batallions" (later callet assault batallions) were kind of special force, elite infantry units. These should not be confused with chetniks from WW2.

Yes of course you are right. this post have been a little mixed with different periods and different units :). We got the regular Kingdom of Yugoslavia units, the "assault battalions" that you mentioned that was called "Jurisne jedinice". Then there were the "Komite units" during WW1 and before. Then the "Chetnik units" that was fighting under WWII. Then you got the "Milan Nedic units" , Nedic was the leader of Serbia at WWII. When Serbia was under ockupation. Then you got the "Ljotic units" that was collaborators with the germans. Some people call all those units "Chetniks", that is not right.

To clarify the matter even further, and to justify my claim that the photos I posted where of the regular Kingdom of Yugoslavia chetnik officers I submit this scan.

Yes of course you are right. this post have been a little mixed with different periods and different units :). We got the regular Kingdom of Yugoslavia units, the "assault battalions" that you mentioned that was called "Jurisne jedinice". Then there were the "Komite units" during WW1 and before. Then the "Chetnik units" that was fighting under WWII. Then you got the "Milan Nedic units" , Nedic was the leader of Serbia at WWII. When Serbia was under ockupation. Then you got the "Ljotic units" that was collaborators with the germans. Some people call all those units "Chetniks", that is not right.

From two books;

Dusan Babac; "Specijalne jedinice Kraljevine Jugoslavije u aprilskom ratu" and exibition cataloguein the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts ;"Sluzbeno odelo u Srbiji u 19 i 20-to veku".

Cetnik, from what book are scans you have posted ?

• 2 weeks later...

I am new on this forum, though for a long time in this topic. Chetnik from Australia has posted some pics from the books I wrote on the subject, and the pair of shoulder boards with PII cipher he posted are fake. If you have any questions about this less known subject, here I am.