News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 OFFICERS SAM BROWN COMPLETE

Hello,

I will be selling this ww1 officers sam brown complete please see pictures,some cracking to the leather and maker marked at the end of the belt and dated 1917 the pistol is not included would appreciate some idea as to value please.

Regards David

0dc6_12.jpg

117a_12-1.jpg

David - I am always a little reluctant to give prices on the more unusual items - they can obviously vary between Countries. The Sam Browne is the sought after double cross over and in South Africa I would expect it to be worth about £120 ($180) - it would depend on interest. Add the revolver holster - which I don't think was part of the original - the polish is different - at about £25 ($37) , the frog, at about the same and the pouch - also about the same and you have a set that is worth about £195/200 ($300).

I stress , that this is my opinion only - and you may find that you can sell it for more or, perhaps at a lesser price. Check with a major auction house such as Christie's or Sotheby's. However, at least you now have a starting price.

David - I am always a little reluctant to give prices on the more unusual items - they can obviously vary between Countries. The Sam Browne is the sought after double cross over and in South Africa I would expect it to be worth about £120 ($180) - it would depend on interest. Add the revolver holster - which I don't think was part of the original - the polish is different - at about £25 ($37) , the frog, at about the same and the pouch - also about the same and you have a set that is worth about £195/200 ($300).

I stress , that this is my opinion only - and you may find that you can sell it for more or, perhaps at a lesser price. Check with a major auction house such as Christie's or Sotheby's. However, at least you now have a starting price.

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for your help, will now try to find the best place to sell it. I have been going through numerous amounts of items acquired over the 40 years i have collected war medals because it's time they went to people who would appreciate them more. Again my sincere thanks.

Regards David

David - please don't call me 'Sir' - makes me feel very old. Contact Chris - he posted above, and he may well be interested. We will always help you with any idents. and values - the knowledge on GMIC is really quite formidable. Personally, I am always interested to purchase medals and groups. Mervyn

hi,

sorry for delay, am travelling at the mo and have very limited time and access.... is the holster dated/stamped... ditto ammo pouch?

Thanks

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for replying in the circumstances the ammo pouch and holster are not marked, the only marking's are on the belt which is impressed 1917 and a makers mark reading martines- the set also has a green lanyard hope this helps .

Regards David