News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish American War Spanish Campaign Army Service Medal

Noor

Hi guys,

I picked up this set today and I would like to know few things....

The medal and ribbon looks prefect condition - up to what time they made these numbered?

Also is these medals trackable based on the number on the rim (mine No. 24843)?

My last question - what would be fair market value of this set?

box

18809359e64789_l.jpg

188093577f84b3_l.jpg

pins and buttonaire

18809363a74338_l.jpg

medal reverse (I forgot to make a picture of front)

1881289309c4ea_o.jpg

number on the rim

1880936566da95_l.jpg

Noor, Very nice medal with the box. Appears to be a 1933 contract piece. Traceable for this medal is SPANISH WAR SERVICE 1-16650 - serial numbered no prefix. I like it and would consider trade even though it is not traceable. Value is hard to call probably $100.00 to $170.00. Cheers George

Hi guys,

I picked up this set today and I would like to know few things....

The medal and ribbon looks prefect condition - up to what time they made these numbered?

Also is these medals trackable based on the number on the rim (mine No. 24843)?

My last question - what would be fair market value of this set?

box

18809359e64789_l.jpg

188093577f84b3_l.jpg

pins and buttonaire

18809363a74338_l.jpg

medal reverse (I forgot to make a picture of front)

1881289309c4ea_o.jpg

number on the rim

1880936566da95_l.jpg

• 1 month later...

What you have is the Spanish-American war service medal.

My great-grandfather Robert E. Lee Reddy was a Spanish-American War Veteran (which is also inclusive of his time in the Philippine Insurrection and Boxer Rebellion). He was discharged in 1903 as a Sergeant in the 7th Infantry ( he transferred to in 1901). I am still talking to my distant cousins ( I descended through the daughter) if they have his medals or if he had ever applied for them. Remember many of these campaign medals didn't come out until after the fact.

Edited by Doc Wilson

• 5 years later...

Nice to see these service medals. My grandfather served in Cuba and the Philippines for both Spanish wars, and I just recently got his service medals back from a framer who had them on a slow 3-year plan of completion. Attached is an image of the obverse of the Spanish-American War service medal. Below that is the obverse of his service medal for the Philippine Insurrection;  an image of the service ribbons bar; & an image showing both medals and ribbon bars. They are framed with cut-outs so the reverse sides of the medals can be seen. I'll try to post an image of the Philippine Insurrection reverse soon. 

large.58868e01ca572_Spanish-Americanwarservciemedal1.jpg

large.58868e124694c_PhilipineInsurrectionservicemedal.jpglarge.58868f10f37e9_Spanishwarsserviceribbons.jpglarge.58868f31599ab_SpanishAmericanWarPhilippineInsurrectionservicemedals.jpg

Edited by Rusty Greaves
    missing image