News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal Info needed

I bought a group of medals some years ago to a Trooper/ Sergeant, Churchill, 2nd King Edwards Horse. One medal which is a private medal I think from the Regiment as the ribbon colours are the same as regimental colours. The medal shows an angel on one side and the other says for courage in the field in Irland. I have tried to find out what he may have done as the main actions that I can find relate to the easter risings in Dublin around the post office. can anyone help to cast any light on what he may have been involved in.

He would have been at some stage with the 2nd King Edwards Horse reserve who were stationed in Ireland, hopefully one of our regular Hibernians will be able to give more detail as to what they were up to.

Paul

Thanks, i have been doing some work and as you suggest I think he was in Irland at the time. I have read some items on the net about them as a unit but not him as an individual. So am looking forward to anything anyone can come up with.