News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

GULAG Service of NKVD

RichieC

I acquired this blindly of few years ago in a lot... It was not interesting for me at the time. However, as a matter of fact, I thought it was another of those fantasy pieces that were coming out of the Moscow and St Petersburg fake factories at the time. As the months have progressed, it has grown on me...

I have figured out, with minimal Russian help, what branch it hails from. However, I lack any type of published reference or period photos.

I would like to know, and I ask for your assistance Rick Research; What type of headgear would this man have worn, and what type of belt? I see by default that he was a Tech, but what could have been his job? The construction of gallows, torture rooms? Perhaps a plumber, builder, equipment operator, or electrician?

Thanks in advance...

Richie C

Images to follow.

Guest Rick Research

Wish I knew.

Wish I knew somebody who knows.

Wish I knew anybody who knows.

All we can do is labor on in obscurity and hope Someday....

... that the mold and mildew in my wet basement finds it's way up through the floor, into my playroom, and begins to animate the uniforms contained therein mounted on lifeless Styrofoam display fixtures ?

Perhaps we could teach them to speak?

sigh...

:P

I would like to know, and I ask for your assistance Rick Research; What type of headgear would this man have worn, and what type of belt?

Images to follow.

I've got a great article somewhere on GULAG uniforms that explain branch insignia and show excellent pictures, but I just can't put my finger on it. I did find another Russian language booklet with artist renderings of what your man would have worn. The belt is light brown with an open buckle and appears narrower than the thick "Sam Browne"-type belts. The cap is a blue topped "crown"(?) and has a red stripe around the portion that surrounds the head (I don't know what you call it).