News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question on WW2 Italian Militaria Dealers

Hi forum members...

I have been combing the web a bit, but I am having a tough time finding a dealer of authentic WW2 Italian militaria .... someone reputable with a decent inventory. Am I correct to assume such a dealer is hard to come by, or am I overlooking someone?

I am most interested in headgear and medals.. I appreciate any and all insights on this matter. regards, Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

in my opinion, the best dealer of Italian orders and medals is Mr. Adriano Brambilla of Milan who, with his Brother Alessandro is the author of the best book on the Italian awards, recently published in its 2nd -fully revised- edition; the 2nd volume will be published soon too.

Mr. Brambilla is present to all the major militaria shows in Italy and to some, in Germany (Gunzenhausen, etc.).

Books with "prices" are useless (again, in my opinion): better, would be to give the grade of rarity.

I think that Italian orders and decorations are a fascinanting field of collecting.

Best wishes,

E.L.

I totally agree with Elmar Lang.

As far as I know, however, Mr Brambilla does not have a web site.

May be I can introduce also Mr. Marco Ghedini from Bologna. He sells sometimes via ebay, but his best items never appear on ebay.

In the exhibition in Rome, once a year, Brambilla and Ghedini are often one in front of the other...

Thanks Elmar and Claudio - Great tips!

are either of these gentleman amicable to selling to the US? ...perhaps via email? Now that I have lots of kids, I frankly do not make it to Europe very often anymore :( ... I am looking for some specific items, so I could provide details, However ...if it is too hard, I can just work through the dealers listed, and ebay. I notice Ebay gets some nice items, but one must be very patient ...

Thanks again, Dan