News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Coast Guard Vietnam War Medal Bar

I was informed by a friend this morning that there was a militaria show on base, where I live.  I had no idea that it was scheduled for today. By the time I made it by, it was getting ready to close and people were packing up.  I am glad that I went because I was able to pick up these items for about free.  

For me, the highlight was this unnamed Vietnam War medal bar.  It is the first I've seen in a very long time and had to bring it home.  I am excited because the only war that I don't have represented for the Coast Guard by way of medal bars is WW1 and Desert Storm.  

Insignia Show Home.jpg

CGVietnam.jpg

Thanks Paul.  This was a pretty exciting find for me.  After a brief bit of research, there were only 8000 Coast Guard members eligible for this medal between 1967 and 1972, when the Coast Guard operated within this theater.   

I only need a Coast Guard medal bar with a WW1 Victory Medal and a bar with the Desert Storm series and we will have the entire 20th century covered..