News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Svensksund

Hi!

I am new to this forum, but I hope someone of you gentlemen can help me with thes. One is finnish/russian the other to might be but for sure russian.

I hope you can help me!

Best regards

Henrik

jeton 1.jpg

jeton 2.jpg

jeton 4.jpg

Edited by TacHel

Hello Henrik!

Welcome to GMIC.  I think you're going to like it here.  Be sure to visit as many of the other forums that interest you as you like.  You're almost guaranteed to find something that makes you think "I had no idea...!"

I asked a close friend and colleague to help with your jetons.  Using the third picture as a reference:

L)  #6 Finnish Shooters (Infantry) Battalion - Officer's Jeton

M)  Officers' Shooters School (Infantry Officers' School) of St. Petersburg - Warrant Officer badge on the reverse, Officer on the obverse.

R)  Finnish Cadet School - Fredrikshamn Cadet School

No absolute guarantees, of course, but my buddy is very good.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

Hello Henrik;

I would also like to welcome you here.  I hope we have some categories of militaria that you would be interested in sharing in and learning more about.

That looks like a nice little set to a pre-WWI Finnish cadet (later a soldier in WWI?).  Two of the pieces look like they are engraved.  Do they all belong together?  Most collectors on this site are proponents of keeping groups together, whether they are medal bars, documents or jeton chains.

As Chuck mentioned, this website is a great site for information on all things military related.  However there is not a lot about current prices.  Prices are so fluid and will move up and down with a great reliance on connecting to the right collector.

Good luck with your planned sale of the jeton chain and I hop you visit this site again soon.

-Claudius

Edited by Claudius

You're quite welcome, Henrik.  Prices are a mystery to me, as is the well-known auction site.  

If I were a collector (and I am) I would much prefer the group together rather than individual "numismatic" pieces.  One of these is the best of the three, you decide which one.  If it sells individually then you might just be stuck with the other, lesser, two and wishing you had kept them together.  I would avoid the potential regret and let your buyer enjoy that they are a group.  YMMV, of course.

You might also offer them for sale here on GMIC.

Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.