News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

city of London 1911 coronation rejoins ?

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

Hi guys. just got a Christmas treat a city of London police trio.named to a inspector Frederick William fox. medals are a 1887  & 97 clasp & 1902 & 1911.i found some information on him. warrant number 5445 joined 28th April 1881 retired 3rd April 1906.so my question is if he retired in 1906 did the city of London police have rejoins for the 1911 coronation.just like the metropolitan police. Paul

It seems that the trios without the 1897 clasp far outnumber those with it. You have one of the "good ones". Without knowing for sure, I'd wager my son's allowance that rehires were encouraged for the City Police. Traffic and  crowd control must have been a major undertaking within the square mile. By the way, I think we all like pictures. :) Cheers, Mike

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest pikemedals

Hi mate went to the London metropolitan archives today.what a nightmare !.that where they keep the city of London police archives. First the lift not working so they can't get the police officers papers.then ask to see the warrant book for 1879 onwards.after asking to photo copying some of the pages. To be told I should not been given the book in the first place.as it got serving police officers names in it.I find 4 officers out of five.back to insp Frederick William fox warrant 5445 joined 28th april 1881 age 19 years & 9 months. Pensioned 3rd may 1906.penison £109.11.6. I do know that he served in the 4th division.that all I find on him so far.will go back soon to the LMA.to see his papers paul