News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Leib Regiment Tunic Question....

I can partially explain it. Before the war, the regiment had two uniforms, a Friedensgarniture and a Kreigsgarniture. The wartime version was without the cuff and collar Litzen. Of course, once the war started all bets were off and they used everything they had available. The tunic here with the plain Brandenburg cuffs is a simplified M07, with shortened Litzen and simplified straps. You would normally see this tunic with Bavarian simplified style cuffs, but it still has the plain Brandenburg type.

I have no explanation for the Swedish cuffs other than to say that there was a lot of moving around with Ersatz battalion troops often going to fill up units other than the one the battalion normally supplied troops for. I have a number of Sterbebilder where the photo shows a Leiber uniform, but the soldier died serving in another unit.

Chip

Hi Chip,

if you could email me good scans of both it would be magic, thanks!

4 hours ago, ostprussenmann_new said:

Chris,  I have a good amount for Baden Leib Grenadier Nr. 109.  I have an officer, and some Field Grau EM ones.  Let me know and I can send you some photos.

Hi Ostie,

At the moment I am just nailing down the Bavarians... others may follow!

Thanks

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi Chip,

if you could email me good scans of both it would be magic, thanks!

Hi Ostie,

At the moment I am just nailing down the Bavarians... others may follow!

Thanks

Chris

Chris, I know a guy where I live that is a big Bavarian Collector 9has tons of stuff).  Would you like me to see what he has and see if he would share some photos with you?