Gentleman's Military Interest Club
The Prussian

Spanish officers 1917

On 29/11/2016 at 21:12, Boris said:

23_lamina.jpg

A- lieutenant - "Rayadillo Uniform", África 1909.(1)

B- Captain - Summer Uniform, with pith helmet. African fort-places. 1906.

C- Teniente - Kaki uniform. Mounted Regiments. Everyday Uniform, Garrison Uniform.

D- Captain - Heavy artillery. Everyday Uniform. 1920 regulations

E- Major - Barracks Uniform.1926

1- Pith helmet, french fashion. Frontal view.

2- Pith helmet, french fashion. Lateral view.

3- Metallic badge for collar.

4- Full Leathers for officer in hazel.

5- Collar Embrodery Badge.

6&7- Pith helmet English Model.

8- Cap of blue Cloth. for officers.1908

9-Cap of white piqué. For officers, 1914

10-Peaked Cap, kaki, for officers, 1914

11--Peaked Cap, kaki. mod.1920

12--Peaked Cap, kaki. mod.1922

13--Peaked Cap, kaki. mod.1926

(Be continued just a little more)

(1) An anecdote about this uniform... the german army in África adopted this kind of clothing in the ww1 but not was this army that first used this uniforms but it was invented by spanish basing on the cloths used by the Manigua (Cuba) peasants and that turn out to be the best colonial uniform in his period.

24_lamina.jpg

Edited by Boris

That would be great, Boris. I don´ thave too many books in foeign langauages, but around 2000 about war history in german language. If you look for something about german unforms ans history of formations, let me know

Hello the Prussian, ¿Do you know the real differences between the spanish and french legions?

1) The spanish legion only had 25% foreigners

2) Since 1987, no foreigners are allowed

3) The language...

It is that when the french legion fulfil the promise about forget all your previous life, crimes, etc... and is true. The spanish legion don't do that and fool you as a Chinoise in the trench of Verdun.

Naer all the spanish army except the officers are foreigners.Then the 25% is not treu, in the legion and in the army, less in the army.

You are not going to know that from the wikipedia, my father said me many years ago. And I have hair it several times. The wikipedia is made by "wikipedistas" that do't know too much of anything.

Really they are making a new imaginary world. As in all the life facets, as less in Continental Europe. But this is political (as all things) and here I can't go further. Anyway the spanish army is lost for civilization, is a army like the carthaginian, all for money. And don't say me, say the own officers of the army. Things have change too much last years here.

I have hear too that many german people (we are talking about families) of the Colonias zone in special, are leaving their homes and go to Spain (they must be a little mad).

To Boris : Its all OK , History is sometimes a puzzle with not all the pieces at hand ,i think that the forums are useful in promote the discussion and contribution . To The Prussian : The swiss poet and writer Blaise Cendrars voluntereed in the french army at the beginnig of WW1 . after the war wrote a book about his experiences titled La main coupee , The cutted hand . in the book says that all the foreign volunteers served into the Foreign legion .initially in the Regiment de Marche with the number 3 until the regiment was visited by Gral de Castelnau who declared :¿ what foolish is this ? pointing the number late said I only recognize two Regiments de la Legion , finally ordered the colonel to discard the numbers . The spanish volunteers catalonians or not might served in the Legion ¿how many ? Good question , the original Legion remained in Africa ; the 1 st and 2nd regiments provided four half batallions . these were the core of four regiments de marche each with 3000 men . 51 nationalities were present the most numerous the italians a whole regiment .32000 men voluntereed between August 1914 and 1915 . The heavy losses resulted in the disolution of the four regiments and the creation of one Le Regiment de Marche de la Legion with about 3100 men . after the war it was designed le 3me Regiment etrangere .

Bayern, you can be sure Forum are much better for knowing exchage that Face-Book, by example. By the way, i see you lives in argentina, do you speak spanish? (It likes a stupid question,but you could be passing Through).

Regards

On 29/11/2016 at 21:12, Boris said:

It is a mistake, if some body can erase. Go on.

Edited by Boris

I have a revue too that named all the companys founded by german emigrants in my city (Zaragoza) in times of ww1. Was all famous even now. Coffee, tools, etc.. also, there is a german cemetery here from WW1 and other Italian from WW2 in a church-panteón.

My uncle of america have not luck with germans, because he get ruin with his german compadre trying to sell a piece for cars that supossed to finish with pollution in cities and was just a kind of screew. It likes you don't have to pray any special prayer or go to the church for van special saint, it works just alone. Well  better it didn't works at all, and broken the carburettor in hours. I know because they used all familie cars to  try the artifact. My father was very noise with them. At last he come back to America (Venezuela) but there was not a war (remember the List of Schindler, Schindler Elevators and Wagons was other company founded in Zaragoza by German emigrants) and there was not jews, then he go on very pòor. (as his german friend that come back to germany)

(I will look for the magazine)

Boris : I speak spanish , i am argentine , my father was german , my grandfather comes to Argentina in 1925 to teach physicat a university located in the northwestern Province of Tucuman .my father was born in Essen when my grandpa worked there for Krupp. my mother is argentine,with spanish heritage remonted to the colonial times . I was educated in spanish but also learned english , german and french later i adquired italian ..

Thanks Bayern, was just curiosity. I have been in Chile, but not in Argentine.

Boris : Chile , is our brother - enemy . but i know and love these country. The Prussian: My father was born in Essen Rutenscheid . but my Opa and Oma both were bavarians . as curiosity , in accordance with the law ruling in 1924 in Prussia my father was registered as prussian . musspreussen . saludos grusse 

Hello!

What do you mean with "Musspreussen"?

Well, the part of Essen is called Rüttenscheid. 5km from my home!

Hello, I know more or less the history of love and hate between  Argentina and Chile. The people is very different as I could see in Chile. They consider the argentinos that goes to their country as very right people in general. They have take up all tourist zones. I was in the Araucania and Santiago  and is really a special county for the empty spaces that in Europe is difficult to imagine. I had as less a good argentine friend here, from Cordova. She come from a mixture of italians and spanish ancestors.

In La araucania, I saw, as Villarica, many people that looks german and speak spanish very funny.

Maybe you know this italian-spanish film about Lautaro and Valdivia. Interesting film.

La Araucana

Edited by Boris

On 8/10/2016 at 06:50, The Prussian said:

Got it!

On 7/10/2016 at 16:49, The Prussian said:

Hello!

Here I have a photo of a saxon general and several spanish officers.

Does someone know the name of the german general and/or the spanish officers?

Can someone explain the spanish cap and collar badges please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

General (spanische Offiziere).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (2).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (3).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (4).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (5).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie.jpg

Infantry, General staff, Artillerie, Engeneer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coats_of_arms,_badges_and_emblems_of_Spanish_Armed_Forces

The officer of the general staff is a colonel, the artillerist is a lieutenant-colonel and the engeneer is a subaltern officer.

Subaltern officers had six-pointed stars, staff officers eight-pointed stars

mw79tt.jpg

Hello, as Sorando maybe is death, or not, I will try to say all I know about the photos. 

On 7/10/2016 at 16:49, The Prussian said:

Hello!

Here I have a photo of a saxon general and several spanish officers.

Does someone know the name of the german general and/or the spanish officers?

Can someone explain the spanish cap and collar badges please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

General (spanische Offiziere).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (2).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (3).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (4).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (5).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie.jpg

The first officer is a german general

The second is a infantry spanish officer, maybe a mayor, the rank insignia was in the cuffs.

The third is a lieutenant colonel of staff

The fourth is a mayor from artillery

The fifth is (surely captain or mayor) of artillerie

The sixth is (surely a capitan or mayor) off  engineer.

The period is surely, the first war war.

Sources:

http://www.am-tm.es/node?page=4

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academia_de_Infantería_de_Toledo

http://www.ejercito.mde.es/unidades/Zaragoza/agm/Historial/index.html

http://museoaviacionmilitarespaola.blogspot.com.es/2012_11_01_archive.html

Image 2.pngAGM.bmp

Hello!

Thanks a lot for the links! They are very useful!!!

Maybe I can learn  more about the spanish army!

Stil open is the question about the german general. According to the cockades I assume  he is saxon.

I´ve been told, it could be:

http://prussianmachine.com/aka/ehrenthal.htm

Edited by The Prussian

I don't remember about german army, but in a b&W photo is  difficult to difference the cockades, etc... You are the expert.

The spanish army, and is a pity for me, the oldest modern army in Europe and maybe the best have lost all traditions even since the civil war. Better I leave my mouth shot.

Regards

Edited by Boris