News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese visor hat

Dolfek

Hello everyone,

Finally I managed to get a japanese visor hat. It took me long as I was unable to spot the differences between officers and other ranks. And I still have serious doubts.

Could anyone tell me if I´m correct by saying this hat it´s an officer's hat, and that it could match this uniform?

Thanks very much.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

Thanks so much.

Anyone could tell me how to spot the difference between officers and enlisted. Did officers and other ranks wore the same hat style? At least during some time. 

I´ve seen many pictures and only see the same hat in most of them, except in those officers wearing big crown hats (german style).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

12 hours ago, Dolfek said:

Thanks so much.

Anyone could tell me how to spot the difference between officers and enlisted. Did officers and other ranks wore the same hat style? At least during some time. 

I´ve seen many pictures and only see the same hat in most of them, except in those officers wearing big crown hats (german style).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

Dolfek : The Japanese Army adopted in 1930 the model 90 service uniform . this uniform was khaki and comprised tunic with stand collar ,trousers or breeches and peaked cap for officers and men alike . these peaked caps were WW1 era style . with model 90 uniforms the arm of service was marked by collar patches in different colours .red for Infantry ; green for Cavalry ; yellow for Artillery etc.The 98 uniform was a modification of the 90 model . It was adopted in 1938. The peaked cap was retained but in different shape more modern . the collar patches in arm colour dissapeared and were replaced on the collar by rank tabs . Only the troopers of the Imperial Guard continued the use of the peaked cap . and the Military Police . the majority including officers used as service headgear the well known and unique Japanese cap .  

Thanks very much. I didn't understand how I couldn´t spot the differences between the M90 caps, and you solved the problem by telling me they used the same style. Thank you. 

So the cap I got it would be used mainly for parade, walking out or even for a "few" officers any other time.

Once again, thanks very much.

Best regards,

Dolfek.