News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needing to identify soldier name on Meiji case

PATOUT

Hi dear everyone,

Does anybody can help me to identify this case ?

By making comparisons to boxes already seen and looking at Richard's web site, it seems to me that this box is Meiji and concern the russian-japanese conflict... am I right ?

I need you help to translate kanji below the central cherry blossom  (3 small + 4 larger) concerning I suppose the soldier name, rank and medals ?

Any help you could afford me in that matter would be greatly appreciated.

Patout

Boite diplomes Meiji 1904-05 (2).jpg

Boite diplomes Meiji 1904-05 (1).jpg

Boite diplomes Meiji 1904-05 (4).jpg

Once again  one thousand thank you Nick for this answer.

I am very satisfied to know that the box and document comes from the same family. I would not want to make an excessive use of your kindness but I would like to know what means 3 kanji below the central cherry blossom ?

And for the document (I suppose it was a monetary award) what it concerns ? does it mentioned a medal and the amount of a pension ?

I hope not to be too painful for all these questions ..... 

Very friendly, very respectfully,

Patout

On 24.10.2017 at 22:14, PATOUT said:

I am very satisfied to know that the box and document comes from the same family. I would not want to make an excessive use of your kindness but I would like to know what means 3 kanji below the central cherry blossom ?

勲八等 - Order of merit 8th class (most likely Order of the Rising Sun 8th class)

On 24.10.2017 at 22:14, PATOUT said:

And for the document (I suppose it was a monetary award) what it concerns ? does it mentioned a medal and the amount of a pension ?

Yes, it`s a monetary award that came with the medal.

金七拾圓 - 70 yen

Very friendly and very respectfully,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Hi Nick,

One thing to say : THANK

....regarding hours I spent to compare all the documents which I can find on the web and making comparison table of equivalence between former and recent writing of kanji...all that...all that... to have very weak, very thin and poor information to be exploited. 

So, really very friendly and respectfully

Patout