News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Boot Pulls/ German Stiefelanzieher?

:)Hello Gents,Greetings

I got this Pair of "German? foldable Iron  Boot Pulls / Stiefel anzieher"(cleaned up)

I think they could be 1 WW or before..any Idea when they are first used in 1800s? 

similar ones are still sold for Riders today originally  "Chromium plated"

Any Friendly Answer very appreciated!

Regards Jurgen

IMG (2).jpg

:)PS.: I remember my Grandmother had a "foldable" Iron Corkscrew

the Joints where the same and I think this was from End 1800-1900?

Best Jurgen

Edited by Jurgen Fritz

Hi Trooper D,

well that's my Question actually: Since my Guess they (like many  other Officer Equipment!) had to purchased Privatly

no Doubt this Boot Pulls could be also Bought by Civilians wearing long  tight fitting Boots..my Question also:when

they  first  did appeare ,I think could be in the  mid 1800 s? (I seen some with wooden Handles & "Pearshape Finals" surly older) ..Modern folding Boot Pulls have not the round Final prevent they slip out.

I got this from a Friend told me his Grandfather (Prussian Hussar) used them in 1910 about? My Grand Uncle was in

the same Unit 15.Hussars. so: where the Boot Pulls given to any Trooper, ( would make sense since the high Boots are not easy to pull on as You perhaps found out yourself)??.maybe You know more or found out? Thanks for Your Interest best Regards Jurgen

P.S.:I just bought another Pair (in better Shape) Seller claims they  also from his Relative  1WW this folding Type similar with different Joints 2 WW? sometimes turn up on ebay always  as 1WW  or 2 WW Equipment..there was also not folding ones in Steel or Aluminium Picture come soon..

Edited by Jurgen Fritz

P.P.S.: Hi Gents,here a Pair of Bootpulls (in Steel) but give in Aluminium

The German (used in Military? 2 WW) marked D.E.P. or D.R.P. etc.(Deutsches

Reichs Patent) any Idea about the military use Please?

Many Thanks Jurgen

IMG_0001 (2).jpg

German marked Boot pulls 2 WW used by Wehrmacht ect?

Regards Jurgen

IMG (3).jpg

On 3/10/2018 at 08:38, Jurgen Fritz said:

I got this Pair of "German? foldable Iron  Boot Pulls / Stiefel anzieher"(cleaned up)

I think they could be 1 WW or before..any Idea when they are first used in 1800s? 

Regards Jurgen

IMG (2).jpg

they shall be "hand forged!"Size similar to Bootpull 11cm  open x 6,5 cm closed

IMG (3).jpg

2 hours ago, Jurgen Fritz said:

IMG (3).jpg

Same "Hinged Forget Corkscrews" are around since the 1700 s!  (more ornate ) some English have the "Broad arrow" so military? I wonder if Boot pulls with this Hinge where around in 1700 s - and why not? Any INFO very appreciated! Jurgen

Here the "ornate Hinge" of a 1700.s Corkscrew

IMG_0001 (2).jpg

I've seen similar 'pulls' here in North America and suspect they were common from the mid 1700s or so, when tight fitting riding boots came into fashion.  Still available for riders, I believe and, absent any markings probably impossible to say for sure whether they are civilian or military, but a prwetty standard piece of equipment for at least a century.

Hi Peter Monahan!

Thanks for Your Interest,,Yep I come to they same Conclusion,others as the "Straight Pulls with wooden Handle) the Forget  twisting locking with a "Snap"Hinges are Interesting,cannot found out if there is any Patent on them,maybe just in 1700 s some Black/Locksmith had this Idea.Yes Y' right they still can be purchased today in Equestrian Shops  with similar  now straight Hinges no round finals (and the antique for about £20 a Pair)

I'am sure the Military used them on Campaign since easy to stow away..but not "Issue",rather private Purchased.

Best Wishes Jurgen:beer:

:)Hi Peter,

In my  West German Army Volonteer Time (1960 s) Recrut's had to buy many Things them self,like: Boot Polish,Toothpaste Coat hangers,writing Materials  (if want:Marching Straps for Boots )ect .ect.all available in the Cantine..Our short "Dicebeaker Boots "don't need Bootpulls but such where not  "forbitten to Own"..:rolleyes: any Barrack room had also a "Stiefelknecht" to pull the boots off. (I still owe one today since wearing all the Time a Pair of  soft Chrom Russian  Officer Boots very comfy.)

Allowed was also to wear Private purchased Boots They just had (to match up) the Front Iron to fix (by the Civilian Bataillon Coppler) they also fixed "Heel Iron" to pay fore..allowed in the West Army (Not like in the East NVA)they not repaired Boots when worn gave new ones,I I believe this is now also in the today  "Bundeswehr"They abandoned  now the "Dicebeaker" after over 140 Years!

Officers got some "Allowance" but  still had to purchased there Uniform ect. some of my NCO Comrades bought Extra  "Gala Uniform"

Best Jurgen:):beer:

:)Hi Gents,

Here a  German Business Letter from 1940 about the

"Klapphaken" folding Boot Pulls"ending with the then

usually "Heil H.!"

Regards Jurgen

IMG (4).jpg

On 3/10/2018 at 08:38, Jurgen Fritz said:

Regards Jurgen

IMG (2).jpg

Best Jurgen

P.S. I selling them  just now on ebay for Start:£12 + Post