News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisan & Lake Hasan Grouping

Hello!

The first red ID book is for the Khasan lake badge. The second ID is his Communist party membership ID issued in 1973, which states he was the party member since 1920. His name is PIROG ANDREJ FEDOROVICH, born 1902. PIROG means cake in Russian. :)

In my humble opinon, the first ID for Khasan lake incident is forged. I say due to 2 reasons: firstly, based on the looks of it and secondly, because PIROG was in service 1923-1925 and from 1941 (so doesn’t cover 1938). 

The available data does not to conclude with 100% certainty, but nothing indicates he was eligible for a partisan medal. At least ffrom August 1942, PIROG was a political comissar assigned to a front level medical directorate, i.e. far from being a partisan. He continued on similar position thoughout the war and was awarded Red Star and Patriotic war I class.

So I think, this is a set of items, which were put together to resemble a group related to one person. 

Edited by Egorka

Much better. Could you, please, scan the Khasan document as well?

The is temporary document proving bestowal with Partisan medal I class...

The left upper corner  reads:  "Peoples Commissariat of Defence USSR // Ukrainian HQ of Partisan movement // "5" May 1943 // #27"

The documents body reads:

"TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE // The person presenting this document is the commander of the demolition squad of partisan unit "MSTITEL' ", PIROG ANDREJ FEDOROVICH has been awarded with medal "Partisan of Patriotic war" I class for courage and bravery exhibited in the partisan struggle against the Germano-Fascist invaders.

HEAD OF UKRAINIAN HQ FOR PARTISAN MOVEMENT // LT.-GENERAL signature T.STROKACH"

Hello,

Thank you for your most valuable translation. I have attached the front & back photos of the Lake Khasan document as requested. I look forward to receiving your revised opinion of this most important document & medal grouping.

Your friend,

Vince

SCAN0398.JPG

SCAN0399.JPG

Thank you!

Sorry to be negative, but I remain to be sceptical... The Khasan ID: the font doesn't match the good examples, it looks like modern PC font; none of the signatures are present (there should two facsimiles and one signature on this document). The temporary ID for the partisan medal: more questions, than answers. I think the whole thing is built around the original Communist party ID to create a perception of a group. 

Sorry... I would be glad if proved to be wrong. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum, so maybe they can correct me.