News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Order of the White eagle with Swords

• 1 month later...

Hi Balkanphilia,

A Lovely find and a superb order!

Would you mind telling me how much these are going for these days? I've seen a lot of variation in prices that these are selling for. Would be interested in what you think would be a 'fair price' for a good example.

Hello Gents,

The Serbian White Eagle is uncommon and in high demand so one doesn't see it pop up on Ebay that often. Usually one has to go to a dealer or auction house to find a decent looking specimen. Here are my two Serbian Order of the White Eagles. One is a Huguenin Freres Swiss made and the other with swords is a Arthus Bertrand French made medal. If I remember correctly, the Huguenin Freres White Eagle was around $600US and the Arthus Bertrand was around $700US, both purchased from medal dealers. The Bertrand version with swords is much more rare.

Markus

Edited by Markus

The best site for looking at practically every Serbian White Eagle model ever made is:

My link

Here is the reverse of the two medals I own. On the left Bertrand, on the right Huguenin.

Edited by Markus

Stunning orders Markus! Beautifully made and in mint condition.

I really like the variations between the different makers and would struggle if I had to name my preference. Both are superb examples of the jewellers craft.

All you need now is a cased Commanders to go with your pair :D

I have in my collection a photo of a recipient wearing the Order of the White Eagle, The Order of St. Sava and the Karadjordje Star with Swords. Taken (according to the information written on the back of the photo 1926) Of Branko (Branislav) ? Who was a member of Parliament for the Peoples Radical Party of Serbia in the early 1920's. It is really not my field of interest or expertise (I collect more the communist period items) but such an interesting photo I could not resist it. If any one has any information on Branko ? I would be very interested. Thanks

Thanks for posting the photo TeaRex.

And you're right, what an interesting photo!

First, you're drawn to the row of medals on the guy's chest and the Legion of Honour and what looks like a Czech Order of the Lion next to the St Sava.

Then .... the moustache ....

Yes that was an amazing time for the moustache, my mother has a tea cup with a moustache lip on it, that my grandfather used to drink from (he was of the generation of the manly moustache)

Thanks for posting the photo TeaRex.

And you're right, what an interesting photo!

First, you're drawn to the row of medals on the guy's chest and the Legion of Honour and what looks like a Czech Order of the Lion next to the St Sava.

Then .... the moustache ....