News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichsverband des Kraftfahrgewerbes

Does anyone here have any info re this/these organisations?

I've been aware of the symbol & badges used by these two groups for a number of years. I've always assumed that the version without the Swastika was the earlier organisation & that the Swaz was added at a later date.

However, I recently obtained a couple of docs to the same man, the earlier dated Ausweis (1934) for the Reichsverband des Kraftfahrgewerbes has the Swastika.....

[attachmentid=47164]

Whilst the later 1937 Ausweis for the Reichsverkehrsgruppe Kraftfahrgewerbe doesn't have it.

[attachmentid=47165]

I would have thought that by 1937 the Reich would have been insisting that the Swastika was on everything rather than being removed or left off.

Can anyone shed any light on the history & difference between these organisations & whether there is a reason for this anomaly......

Cheers

Don

Hi Don,

never seen before such documents,good looking though.Here is my common-sense approach:

The earlier document is not only different in the design of the eagle,additionally there is this writing below the title.It says the RVK would be the sole recognised organisation in the "driving business sector" in accordance with some sort of order dated 4/34.Now the issue date is 7/34 so I am pretty sure this is the first version of the document.This logo seems like it is to proof the position of that organisation towards the state.

Now the 2nd is issued in 37 that is 3 yrs time to establish this institution.It was inherent to any institution at that time that it was recognised by the Reich.Now maybe some official dealing with the procurement of these documents felt like driving and this sort of stuff wasn?t political and wouldn?t need a swaz.I have seen the same with "Ahnenp?sse" the heritage documents.I have no clue who had the final word about these design questions.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Edited by Rosenberg

Thanks for your answer, you may well have a good point there. It's strange that I can't find out any info on these organisations. The book by Angolia that covers the NSKK & NSFK mentions the DDAC but makes no reference these.

Cheers

Don

:beer: Don,the organisations you refer to covered by Angolia are some sort of mass-organizations.RVK seems more like a collective of people of the same profession or one economic sector.I bet it is much more difficult to come by info on these tiny fragmented organisations than those large mass-organisations.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

A good point Joe, & one I had also considered. However, the later dated doc (without the Swaz) has an amendment to the 1934 rules, dated 1935, printed in the cover which the earlier doc does not....... :(

Cheers

Don